Mozilla has made Firefox 3.6 beta 4 available for download. The new version makes over 100 fixes from the last beta, which include many improvements for web developers, Add-on developers, and users.
Almost 70% of the thousands of Firefox Add-ons have now been upgraded by their authors to be compatible with Firefox 3.6 Beta.
The Beta of Firefox 3.6 / Gecko 1.9.2 introduces several new features for users to evaluate:
* (New in this version) Support for the HTML5 File API
* A change to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
* The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
* A mechanism to prevent incompatible software from crashing Firefox.
* Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
* Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
* Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
* Support for the WOFF font format.
* Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
Popularity: 2% [?]